Maple, Pecan and Sour Cherry Granola
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup Harvested for You Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds (pepitas)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut shavings
- ½ cup golden flaxseed
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup toasted wheat germ
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 Cup light brown sugar
- 3 T. virgin coconut oil
- 1 ½ t. vanilla extract
- ½ t. kosher salt
- 1 cup dried sour cherries
- Greek yogurt and berries or sliced fruit for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Toss oats, pecans, sprouted pumpkin seeds, coconut, flaxseed and almonds on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Toast for approximately 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until coconut is lightly golden brown
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°
- Transfer oat mixture to a large bowl and stir in wheat germ
- Bring maple syrup, brown sugar, coconut oil, vanilla and salt to a boil in a small saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves – about 4 minutes
- Pour over oat mixture and stir until coated.
- Spread onto another rimmed baking sheet and bake until deep golden brown (25-30 minutes)
- Toss cherries in to warm granola and let cool
- Transfer to a large bowl or platter and serve with your favorite fruit or yogurt.
Store in an airtight container up to 3 weeks.